Air-Alta Insurance is currently looking for a well-rounded, knowledgeable and passionate Insurance Broker to service and grow an existing book of business. We are a locally operated insurance brokerage that has been serving the residents of Airdrie with all their insurance needs since 1963.
This position will be responsible for servicing the needs of our personal lines, farm and commercial clientele. We represent all the largest insurance companies across Canada which provides you with the markets and capacity to grow your portfolio over time.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work individually and within a team environment.
- Manage the collection of client information, quote and sell insurance to new and existing clients
- Accountable for cross selling to existing clients
- Service the existing book of business, making changes, additions, deletions and renewals
- Follow up on all client accounts to resolve outstanding activities or other items
- Remain up to date on company product knowledge
- Build and maintain relationships with your underwriters
- Assist clients with claims process, if needed
- Continue self-development through industry training and community involvement
- Level 2 General Insurance License
- 5 plus years of personal lines, commercial and farm insurance experience
- Proven track record of prospecting and closing new insurance accounts
Values & Competencies
- Great work ethic and the drive to strive for excellence
- Positive attitude and passionate about customer service and building relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated accountability and reliability
- Able to prioritize in a busy environment to meet tight deadlines
- Works well within a team and independently Air-Alta offers flexible work arrangements, flexible compensation plans and a great benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.